Then there's the weekend. Because I work full-time, I try to spend every minute of every weekend with my kids. I love to be around my kids all the time because they are both really funny in their own special way, and they make me happy. I don't want to miss a thing. (Cue the Armageddon theme song.) If there is any down time, I'm doing laundry, or cleaning, or going to a birthday party, or going to dinner with family or friends. There is always something that fills every second of everyday. It's enough to bring in the clouds and cover up my sunshine.
Lately, I've started a mental list of everything I would like to do, even though I know I won't have time for them all. And now I will tell you all about them because maybe I will feel a little more accomplished if I write about doing them, even if I never get around to actually doing them.
- Learn to use my new sewing machine. My parents gave me a sewing machine last Christmas and it has still gone untouched. I would love to sew as well as my mom does.
- Paint the toy box and put it in the toy room. My Grandpa Stokley made a wooden toy box for my brother. It even says, "Jon's Toys" on it. But now it sits in my attic, desperately needing some paint. And some toys.
- Update the girls' baby books. Eek! This is long overdue. Poor Lexi's book is pretty bare.
- Paint my fingernails a different color everyday. This one just makes me smile.
- Take voice lessons. Stop laughing.
- Start a running club. I love to run, and I love to socialize, so why not do it all together?
- Finish the book I'm writing for Addyson, and start the one I have for Lexi. I would tell you all about it, but then you would steal my awesome idea.
- My Do-It-Yourself board on Pinterest: Do it.
- Have a garage sale.
- Go to a hockey game. Believe it or not, I've never been.
- Have a "place." Like 90210 had "The Peach Pit" and Saved by the Bell had "The Max." And go there weekly.
- Read more classics, like Charles Dickens, or Shakespeare.
- Go to a winery.
- Go to more concerts.
I know what you're thinking..."if you would just get off this dang blog and start doing a few things on the list above, you might accomplish something!" Well, its taken me 3 days to write this dang blog, so there.