Monday, March 19, 2012

On the Mend

It's been a rough few months. Someone in our house has been sick since December. We've been plagued with ear infections, bronchitis, sinus infections, RSV, strep, a severe case of the stomach bug, and I just had surgery on my wrist to remove two cysts. Needless to say, Spring Break was very much necessary! We didn't have any plans for our week off, but sometimes those are the best plans to have. My husband has become quite the horticulturalist lately, so we visited the Dallas Farmer's Market and picked up banana peppers and jalapenos and planted them in the backyard. I'm not much of a yard person. I like a pretty yard, but I don't like the work it takes to get it pretty! I'd rather bask in the sun! But the one thing I did plant last year were irises from my grandmother's yard, and they have bloomed for the first time. I always think of her when I look at them, and its so cool to watch Addyson water and take care of grandma's irises. And Lexi loves to get her hands dirty, too!






Addyson and I also had a girls day and got pedicures together. She thought she was so special because she got to drink a Coke with a straw as her feet are being massaged! This is by far one of my favorite memories with her.


It was so refreshing to be able to make our own schedule and do whatever we wanted to do. I'm thankful that both my husband and I had the luxury to be off work together for Spring Break, and even more thankful that the Pucketts are finally on the mend!













No comments:

Post a Comment